The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a standard for IT services best practices that is widely adopted across the globe. This study guide series will cover all of the knowledge needed for the exam for the ITIL Foundation Certificate, which demonstrates your knowledge and mastery of the ITIL system. Practice exams are also included, which will allow you to answer questions in the same format that the test will use on exam day, and will provide in-depth instructional feedback on each question to thoroughly cover every subject you’ll need to master.
This series is for anyone who wants to achieve ITIL Foundation EX0-101 certification.
The ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate EX0-101 Series includes the following courses:
– Service Management
– Service Lifecycle
– Generic Concepts
– Key Principles and Models
– Selected Processes
– Selected Functions
– Selected Roles
– Technology and Architecture
– ITIL Qualification Scheme
– Practice Exam 1
– Practice Exam 2
– Practice Exam 3
– Practice Exam 4
This course can lead to external certification of the student chooses – i.e. the student must taken an external exam at an accredited centre (Please Note: an independent charge may be levied by the chosen test centre).
Service Management explains how Service Management organizes IT functions and processes.
Service Lifecycle describes the features of the Service Lifecycle.
Generic Concepts describes generic concepts concerning information technology infrastructure.
Key Principles and Models explains the key principles and models that underlie the information technology infrastructure library.
Selected Processes explains selected ITIL processes that you’ll need to understand.
Selected Functions describes the Service Desk, Application Management, IT Operations Management, and Technical Management functions.
Selected Roles explains the Process Owner and Service Owner roles, and describes the use of the RACI incident response chart.
Technology and Architecture describes how Service Automation assists with integrating Service Management processes.
ITIL Qualification Scheme explains the importance of qualifying for ITIL certification.
Practice Exams presents questions that will help you prepare for the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate EX0-101 exam. The feedback for each question provides in-depth background on the topic, including why each incorrect option was wrong and what to look for in correct answers.
– Describe what a Service is
– Describe the concept of Service Management
– Describe the structure and scope of the ITIL library
– Describe the goals and objectives of Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement
– Explain the generic concepts and terminology of ITIL
Key Principles and Models
– Explain the importance of Service Assets and Value Creation
– Discuss the major aspects of Service Design
– Describe the PDCA and Continual Service Improvement models
– Explain the basic concepts of Service Portfolio Management, Demand Management, Financial Management, and Service Level Management
– Explain the basic concepts of Change Management
– Describe the 7-step improvement process
– Explain the basic concepts of Incident Management
– Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Service Desk function
– Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Application Management function
– Describe the roles and responsibilities of the IT Operations Management function
– Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Technical Management function
– Describe the responsibilities of the Process Owner role
– Describe the responsibilities of the Service Owner role
– Explain the purpose and use of the RACI model
Technology and Architecture
– List generic requirements for an integrated set of Service Management technologies
– Explain how Service Automation helps to integrate Service Management processes
ITIL Qualification Scheme
– Explain why qualifying for ITIL certification is important
– Complete the practice exam questions